I’m sure you have at least one brilliant idea you think about all the time. You wonder if its possible, maybe its too late or you need to ‘research’ more before you take action.
Or maybe you’re paralysed by fear or overwhelm and just cant take that first step.
Whatever it is thats stopping you know this – you need to start now.
The longer you wait, the longer you will always wonder!
So how do you get started? Here are 8 east actionable steps you cant take now:
- Document your idea. Get it down on paper. Journal it out, draw a mind map or create a PowerPoint presentation. Whatever it is you need to do just get it down on paper and out of your head.
- Identify the barriers, fears and doubts around your idea.
- Why is this idea so important to you? Who will it help? Knowing your ‘why’ will help you align your values to your business idea.
- Congratulations! pat yourself on your back. You just took the first step. By writing down your idea, you got a lot further than many other people do.
- Now see if you can write down a whole heap of ‘easy’ steps to take for example: buy the domain, register social media accounts, create your Gmail account or create an excel spreadsheet for your new project. Write as many ‘easy’ steps as you can.
- Complete ‘easy’ steps as you go to gain momentum and the big stuff won’t seem so scary.
Not every idea is worth pursuing or has legs however, you’ll never know unless you start taking action and begin exploring. It’s through the exploration we learn and grow. Start today.