Small businesses are doing it tough right now in Australia. The coronavirus pandemic has created immense economic uncertainty. Most of us are at home and not able to go out and spend money like we use to and local businesses are suffering. However, we can all help in some way and pitch in where we can and if you’re feeling helpless and don’t know where to start, here are a few ideas:
- Follow, share and like local businesses on all your social media platforms.
- Buy gift cards for yourself, friends and family.
- Find protective supplies such as gloves, masks, hand sanitiser and offer them for free.
- Volunteer your time or offer your own services to help out.
- Order takeaway and pick-up your order yourself so restaurants and cafes save on fees from third-party delivery apps.
- Obey the law when purchasing at your local business. You don’t want to be responsible for them getting a fine.
- Participate in online classes when possible and share your experience online.
- Write reviews of your favourite services and promise to come back once they reopen.
- Contribute a Tip when possible.
- Keep paying memberships and subscriptions.
- Promote specials when you see them and participate.
- Send a text message to all your friends and family about how they can help businesses that are doing it tough.
- Know someone who is hiring or maybe you have a few odd jobs for someone. That barista who just lost their job could just be the right fit.
Our local businesses are a part of our community and need our help. Reach out any way you can. A little goes a long way!